We look at every aspect of your body movement in order to facilitate you working as efficiently as possible.
Our Physiotherapists are experts in the management of musculoskeletal injury. At Spring Physio Gym we use our knowledge of the body, injury, healing along with exercise prescription to maximise your return to best function following injury, and prevent recurrence. Starting with an initial appointment, your physiotherapist will perform a careful assessment of your injury and develop a management plan to bring you back to your full potential. Your treatment may involve manual techniques such as joint mobilisation and massage and exercises such as stretching or strengthening.
Spring Physio Gym is an ideal environment for clients following musculoskeletal injury. Whilst we have treatment rooms and equipment suited to treating injuries as soon as they have occurred, our space is specifically designed for the phase of rehabilitation that occurs after initial healing. This involves returning to movement, strength and function. Some common injuries that we manage back to best function are:
- Sprain and strain (e.g. ankle sprain, rotator cuff tear, corked leg)
- Neck and back injury (e.g. slipped disc, whiplash)
- Overuse injury (e.g. bursitis, tendon injuries)
Expert management is important in maximising the body's natural repair process, in order to return to normal activities of daily living, sport and work as quickly and effectively as possible. At Spring Physio Gym we carefully structure your programme to:
- Manage an appropriate return to activity
- Address factors contributing to injury (e.g. muscle imbalance, poor fitness, inflexibility)
- Prevent recurrence
Each injury has an individual presentation, which may relate to cause, pre-existing factors, stage of injury, early management, age etc. You will start with an initial assessment with your physiotherapist and be guided through all the phases that will lead you to best restore your physical function. This will include:
- Accurate injury diagnosis with communication and referral to other health practitioners where appropriate.
- Maintenance of fitness, strength and range of movement of non-injured parts
- Exercise at Spring Physio Gym and at home to restore movement, flexibility and strength
- Restoration of muscle strength, balance and co-ordination
- Reducing the factors contributing to injury.
See more information about our team of expert physiotherapists.