We look at every aspect of your body movement in order to facilitate you working as efficiently as possible.
Rowing Assessment and Injury Management
The rowing program at Spring is managed and overseen by Fiona Milne, our senior physiotherapist and co-partner of Spring. Fiona has competed in rowing at an elite level for over 7 years, representing Canada in the 2000 and 2004 Olympics, and competing in World Cup and World Championship events. Fiona holds a Level 2 qualification in rowing coaching and is well qualified to lead the rowing focus here at Spring Physio Gym.
We offer comprehensive services to rowers to improve their techniques and manage their injuries. These include:
- Prompt assessment, treatment and management of rowing injuries
- Assessing the rower's technique to maximize efficiency and minimize injury
- Physiotherapist supervised pilates and strengthening classes for rowers
- Pre-season musculoskeletal screening to develop a preventive strengthening program for those predisposed to injury
- Dorsa Vi Movement Assessment on the ergometer
- Guided alternative training programs while recovering from injury
- Direct communication with coaches and/or program directors regarding an athlete’s condition, if consent is given by the athlete.
- Group sessions led by a physiotherapist at Spring Physio Gym or at your school or boat club can be arranged during school camps/ weekends
This program is appropriate for:
- School rowers
- School rowing programs
- Club rowers
- Masters rowers
- Elite rowers
We deliver this program by providing:
- Initial Assessment to discuss current and past injuries and training history
- Detailed musculoskeletal examination to establish the underlying CAUSE of the injury
- Mutual Goal setting to establish a program
- Hands on physiotherapy as required
- Guided strength program to get you back in the boat as soon as possible.
- Correct set up and technical advice on the C2 rowing ergometer
- Video analysis on the ergo available by arrangement